Several studies have been conducted on the key incredient in our Anti-Water Retention BOOST, Cacti-NeaTM, that prove its diuretic, antioxidant and other beneficial properties.
- A clinical study from December 2010 proved the diuretic effect of Cacti-NeaTM. Some highlights include:
- Cacti-NeaTM significantly increases diuresis in women by 27 percent.
- It helps to reduce the sensations associated with swollen feet, ankles and calves and of heavy legs.
- The results of a questionnaire showed that 87 percent of women were convinced that Cacti-NEaTM is effective.
- An August 2009 clinical study proves the diuretic effects of the prickly pear water extract used in Cacti-NeaTM:
- It helps improve body composition by limiting fat mass gain.
- Use of Cacti-NeaTN leads to a significant reduction of water mass in as little as one week of use, including a positive impact on body shape.
- We saw a weight loss of up to seven pounds in the Cacti-Nea™ group (a placebo group showed no similar weight change).
- Unlike other comparable diuretic substances, Cacti-NeaTM does not negatively impact mineral balance or blood pressure.
- A study on rats that compared the diuretic effect of Cacti-NeaTM to that of of hydrochlorothiazide (another diuretic substance) demonstrated that:
- When a similar amount of water is ingested, Cacti-NeaTM preserved mineral levels while providing diuretic benefits
- Using Cacti-NeaTM caused a reduction of weigh gain of almost 20 percent when compared to a control group.
- Another clinical study demonstrated the positive effect of using prickly pear fruit compared to vitamin C:
- Consuming cactus pear contributes to an increase of antioxidant capacity in cells of more than 50 percent and a reduction of LDL sensitivity to oxidation.
- It also leads to an increase in plasma concentration of vitamins C and E.
- An study on rats looked into the effect taking Cacti-NeaTM has on the antioxidant capacity of the body by measuring the globular rate of glutathione peroxidase (free radicals oxidation reaction catalyzer):
- After one week, taking Cacti-Nea™ contributes to a significant increase in the globular rate of glutathione peroxidase.
- It helps preserve cells from oxidative damage and increases antioxidant plasma concentration.
This information comes from Nexira, the manufacturer of Cacti-NeaTM.