ThinkitDrinkit's Bone Support BOOST is formulated from two ingredients that are proven to provide significant bone-building benefits for people whose bones are weakened by aging or wear-and-tear related to athletic activity.
Bones are living tissues that are constantly being renewed, a process that is critical for maintaining healthy bone mass density and avoiding fractures. Collagen provides the organic matter within bones that minerals like calcium are deposited on to form strong ones. It also contributes to bone flexibility.
Calcium, vitamin D and protein are the three main nutrients that keep bones healthy. As a pure form of protein, Peptan collagen peptides work efficiently with calcium and vitamin D to build strong bones.
Many studies and clinical trials have proven that collagen peptides strengthen bones.
Research on Peptan has shown that it:
- Stimulates the production of collagen in bone tissue.
- Triggers the formation of bone cell osteoblasts.
- Increases bone size and firmness.
Some highlights of recent research on Peptan:
- A study using an established model that mimics the loss of bone mass (osteopenia) in postmenopausal women looked into the effectiveness of Peptan. One group received a daily dose of Peptan for three months in addition to a diet that included adequate amounts of calcium, protein and vitamin D. A contol group received the diet only.
Result: The group that took Peptan had their bone mineral density restored to normal levels. In contrast, the others experienced reduced bone mineral density.
- The same study also investigated the microarchitecture and strength of the participants’ bones and found that Peptan increased overall bone strength when compared with the control group.
- In another study, Peptan was tested against a similar type of protein. Primary bone cells were cultured in the presence of Peptan and the other protein for two weeks.
Result: Peptan treatment promoted development of bone-forming cells (osteoblasts) and stimulated their activity. In addition, the presence of bone-resorbing cells (osteoclasts) was suppressed. The control protein did not demonstrate the same benefits.
Learn more about the bone strengthening benefits of Peptan on the manufacturer's website.
GIVOCAL calcium glycerophosphate is an innovative source of highly bioavailable calcium, glycerol and phosphorus, which are needed to build and maintain strong bones. It is proven to be an effective, high-quality nutritional supplement.
Some of the advantages of GIVOCAL include:
- It is a three-in-one nutritional solution that supplies calcium, glycerol and phosphorus, which optimizes how all three interact and work together.
- It is a calcium salt that supplies both physiologic and metabolic benefits because of the glycerophosphate, which comparable inorganic calcium salts do not offer.
GIVOCAL provides a highly bioavailable source of calcium.
- It is easily absorbed by the body.
- Clinical studies show it has a positive influence on the development of bones and teeth.
- WIth most calcium supplements, only a fraction of the calcium is absorbed by the body because of how they interact with body acids. This is not the case with GIVOCAL, which is absorbed at a higher rate. A study of how acidity neutralization affected several types of calcium salts shows that GIVOCAL has the smallest buffer power and therefore the best level of absorption in the digestive tract.
Result: According to the study, when the same amount of calcium is ingested, four times more is absorbed with GIVOCAL than with calcium carbonate.
Other studies show that GIVOCAL allows calcium to be better absorbed by bone tissue and helps keep teeth healthy.
Learn more about the benefits of GIVOCAL on the manufacturer's website.